Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

One Stick of Butter Rice





Y'all, let me just tell you.  You're going to want to try this recipe.  We had it Sunday night with a Rotisserie chicken we had gotten this weekend, and some blanched green beans with bacon.  The rice may look less than pretty, but it is delicious.  Or at least my mom told me it was and I'm pretty certain she didn't just say it because she's my mom.

I got this recipe from Mique over at 30 Handmade Days.  I haven't checked the blog out too much to be honest, but I love me some good rice, and this blog stated that it was supposed to be the best rice you'd ever eat.  I was definitely game for that.

The ingredients are few and easy. Don't be insulted if you're not into canned soups....this one uses them, and I feel no shame over it.

When you have prepared it, no worries.  This dish is not the recipient of prettiest dish of the year.  If it looks similar to the picture below though, you've done something right!

 

It looks pretty scary, doesn't it?






The original blog post recommended doubling or tripling this recipe, and this was honest to goodness the only thing I regret not having done! 

Please, please let me know when you try this dish!  Next time I think I will add some slivered almonds or walnuts to it to add a more nutty flavor, but mushrooms were suggested also, if you like that sort of thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment